The places for the pre-conference workshops is limited and is based on First-Come, First-Serve basis. Registered participant can book a place for the pre-conference workshops from the Participant’s Dashboard.
This is an applied workshop on data visualization and analysis using the R software for beginners. R (https://cran.r-project.org/ ) is a language and environment for statistical computing and graphics. R is an integrated suite of software facilities for data manipulation, calculation and graphical display. RStudio (https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/ ) is an integrated development environment (IDE) for R. It includes a console, syntax-highlighting editor that supports direct code execution, as well as tools for plotting, history, debugging and workspace management.
At the end of the workshop, the participants will:
- be familiar with the R and RStudio interface.
- understand the workflow for data analysis in R.
- be able to perform basic data visualization.
- be able to perform basic data analysis.
- be provided with links to useful resources.
Number of participants: 20
- Personal laptop (Win/Mac/Linux) with R and RStudio installed.
- An account with RStudio Cloud (free).
- Click http://bit.ly/R_APCPH for instructions to install R and RStudio on your machine and to download notes or scan this QR code:
2. Sign up and login to RStudio Cloud here https://rstudio.cloud/