The organiser of the 5th Asia-Pacific Conference on Public Health is pleased to announce the “College of Public Health Medicine Award 2017” for Malaysian undergraduate medical students and junior doctors (except Specialist). This competition is open to all Malaysian student from accredited medical schools in Malaysia.
Malaysian student who is currently enrolled in medical undergraduates course and junior Malaysian doctors (except Specialist) are eligible to participate in this “College of Public Health Medicine Award 2017”.
The topic for the “College of Public Health Medicine Award 2017” is “My vision of Public Health in Malaysia“.
There will be two categories of winners for this competition, the First for the undergraduate medical students and the Second for junior doctors (except Specialist). Winners of the writing competition will have to present their vision in a 10 minutes oral presentation at the 5th Asia-Pacific Conference on Public Health, which will be held from 10-13 September 2017 in Kuching, Sarawak. The winners will receive free transport from any destination in Malaysia to the conference venue, accommodation during the conference, and a waiver of the conference registration fee.
The articles should address encompass public health issues and policies that would be of global and local concern in 2040. We encourage innovative, creative and “out of the box” strategies that may be considered for implementation to prepare our public health services for the future.
There are two special prizes to be awarded:
- Best paper for undergraduate medical student
- Best paper for junior doctors (except specialist)
The selection of the winner will be decided by the “Scientific Committee”. The decision of the scientific committee is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
Rules and Regulations for the “College of Public Health Medicine Award 2017”
- All submission must be written in English, the winner will have to present the winning vision in English.
- Entries will be judged on the following points:
- Is the vision achievable?
- Is the vision a novel idea?
- Does the vision lead to improved health for Malaysians?
- Entries will also be evaluated on grammar, spelling, usage and syntax, clarity, structure, overall appearance, strength of writing, and whether the text can be translated to an impressive oral presentation.
- The article should be written in 12-point Times New Roman font, 1.5 spaces, with the footnotes single-spaced and double-spacing between footnotes on 8 ½ x 11-inch paper with one-inch margins on all sides. The article should not be more than six pages long (10-minute presentation). Papers must be submitted as two attachments, one in Microsoft Word and one in PDF format. Please use author’s name when saving the file.
- Each participant may submit only one entry. If the student submit more than one entry, only the First entry will be considered.
- The judges reserve the right not to award any prizes and to reject any or all submissions.
- Articles must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org , using the subject line “College of Public Health Medicine Award 2017″ by midnight 13 August 2017 (+8GMT).
- The winner of the competition will receive free transport from any destination in Malaysia to the conference venue (the organiser will reimburse the winner for the transport, for flight ticket, the winner is only eligible for Economy Ticket), accommodation during the conference, and a waiver of the conference registration fee.
- The winner of the competition will also receive a certificate of achievement.